Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Welcome to the Supermarket - How May I Help You?

Today started as a beautiful, sunny day. However, just as I was leaving the apartment for today's adventures the thick mist of smog fell over Beijing. So, no pretty pictures of temples or palaces or gardens or parks. Instead, after a whirlwind tour of the city via subway, I thought I would introduce you all to the local supermarket - Carrefor. Enjoy...

Notice how customers handle the raw meat with their bare hands...


I'm not sure what all this is; some of it is quite good...

More handling of the raw meat with bare hands...

Raw fish, out in the open, unrefrigerated... YUCK!

My favorite place in the supermarket - the import section...


Fresh fish, very fresh fish (alive and still in tanks) can be cleaned while you wait. Although, I wouldn't call this very sanitary either. Notice how the live fish flops onto the floor and the worker picks it up and puts it back in his board, which is not cleaned between uses I might add...


I hope you all enjoyed this little walk through my local supermarket... Tune in next time for another exciting walk through unsanitary lane...

No comments: